Annotation got smarter
Achieve more productive and time saving annotation using the “Smart Annotation” feature. It now displays a 3D mesh – like in the MV version – that gives a visual feedback as to how well the annotation approximates the actor’s face shape. A sequential annotation process now assists you in placing key landmarks (1) to estimate Translation (tip of nose), Rotation (eyes corner), Mouth, etc… Annotation becomes simpler and less error-prone. When using Default Calibration, you can also manually tune the focal length to match your camera (2).
In addition, new buttons will allow you to close precisely and without risk of errors, the inside of the mouth and the eyes (3).
Last but not least, you can now annotate faster and more accurately using keyboard arrows as shortcuts to move points.
Audio is now supported
You can now use audio in Performer session mode to check tracking and animation results so you can get your character speaking and adjust lip sync. Audio is also particularly helpful to identify tricky phonemes (m and n, b and p for example).
Audio can be either extracted from the video input selection window or read from an external file.
You can sync audio and video at any time, during the input selection and in session mode. Audio is managed per shot in the session mode.
Interface menus reorganised
Easier session-to-session switching and many shortcuts (such as direct access to batch mode…Yeah!) have been added to speed up the entire Performer pipeline and get a more intuitive UI.
Copy/Paste retargeting links
The creation of retargeting links is accelerated using new “copy” and “paste” buttons and their associated shortcuts. Copying can be done per solver (upper, lower or gaze) or directly from the neutral link.
- Calibration selection included in batch xml file
- New CLI option to ensure compatibility with all integrated graphics drivers: Use the “–noogl” option if you encounter problems on intel graphics cards. (the blue mesh of the intelligent annotation will no longer be visible but will still work).
- New communication initialization between processes to avoid overlapping use of network ports with other softwares.
– Realtime profile exported from 2.7 version need Grabber 3.2 to be used.
– Performer 2.7 SV & MV are available on Linux platforms.
– Performer SV specific descriptions are also valid for Performer MV when opening a SV project.