First great news of this end of year is that versions of Grabber and Performer now match and we’re talking about the “2.8 version” for both software.
A new version of Live Instant is now embedded in Performer and Grabber latest release enabling a better generic tracking. It includes:
- a reshape of 3D models templates and revision of the algorithm to get a more accurate reconstruction
- a set of landmarks more evenly distributed
- a quicker tracking (frame per second higher)
- a refinement of the post-processing step (retargeting)
We’ve tested it ourselves during SiggraphAsia and were happy about the results: check those out!
Coming with PERFORMER 2.8:
- Our Xmas Performer favorite feature: managing multiple profiles of an actor during batch processing in one Performer project
Performer 2.8 now lets you handle multiple settings of profiles during batch processing. That means, you can refine your profile with new frames, take after take, and build a dedicated set of poses for each scene and then process multiple data with different settings.
That can be helpful when you get shots with a specific set of expressions (sadness, anger…) for a character or a specific illumination type. Your tracking will get more precise taking into account those different settings in multiple different videos for one same Performer project.