Eight VR is a mixed reality project by Dutch composer and director Michel van der Aa, a trailblazing fusion of musical theatre and VR. Eight tells the story of a woman’s life in reverse chronological order. Visitors, equipped with VR goggles and headphones, move through a physical installation. They can manipulate physical and virtual objects and meet the woman at various crucial moments of her life. The woman’s memories are spread out across the flexible walls in the form of interactive hieroglyphs, ready to be activated. Physical hallways merge with virtual ones in an incredible fashion, creating an infinite space.
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER !
We were thrilled to visit our client Unit Image in Paris, France, last January to get their feedback after they included our Multi-View Performer software in their facial animation production pipeline for one of LOVE DEATH + ROBOTS short 3D animated films:Beyond the Aquila Rift.
The whole story started more than one year ago when Unit Image was contacted by Blur Studio and Netflix to produce a 17 minutes episode of the LOVE DEATH + ROBOTS series, produced by David Fincher and Tim Miller and released on Netflix on March 15, 2019.
Our R&D team has been hardworking for a few months prototyping a unique facial mocap shooting assistant.
This little clever electronic device comes with a user-friendly interface that:
- Handles effective lighting by strobing LED ring(s) synchronized with the shutter of the camera(s).
Strobing LED rings ensure more consistent illumination conditions and less interference with optical body mocap systems. Also, the actor can easily switches the LED ring(s) on and off when the shooting starts and stops for a maximum comfort.
- Synchronises several cameras when recording with stereo systems.
- Lets you monitor and adjust recording settings such as frames per second, exposure time, gain, HMC IDs… directly on the Head Mounted System.
- Receives information and commands wirelessly from a server using FM band so there is no issue like with traditional wireless systems. A server can handle up to 8 Smart Sync Boxes with a unique ID.
- Exchanges information with Dynamixyz video recording and monitoring software, Grabber.
The Smart Sync box will be commercially available as a standalone component and embedded in each Dynamixyz stereo Head Mounted system from beginning of July 2019.
Prices are available upon request.